Wednesday, November 30, 2016



Present Circumstances of Current Earthquake Prediction and my Experience with Earthquake 


It was big earthquake From northeast to central of Japan about Magnitude 7.4 last week, and there were also observed Tsunami. I always wondered why earthquake came suddenly and we can't forecast. I also curious about why always earthquake attack in Japan.


First, I research about the reason   why always earthquake attack in Japan, and I found that there are several reasons.  Japan is contained in the circum-Pacific orogenic belt. Incidentally, west coast of US such as Oregon, Washington, and Californian are also contained in the circum-Pacific orogenic belt. In the circum-Pacific orogenic belt, there are many plates under the sea. When those plates moved, an earthquake will occur. So the reason why earthquake always attacks in Japan or in the circum-Pacific orogenic belt is there are many plates press each other, so the plates move easily. Especially Japan has a high earthquake rate because there are three plates(Pacific Plate, Philippine Sea Plate, Land plate, North American plate and Eurasian plate) are pressing each other in under the Japan. For that reasons, Japan is always attacked by the earthquake.

Secondly, I research about how people predict from the earthquake. I always heard about some people said that they can predict when and where the earthquake occur. In my opinion, I don't believe about this prediction, because if the person can predict before why many people died from the earthquake and why they don't help people  ?. This question always comes to my mind.
Recently the current science and technology are not advanced enough to predict just before the earthquake. But some area's scientific observation was done sufficiently, so scientists might predict before. In order to predict an earthquake, it is essential that the monitoring system is in place at all times and most of the earthquakes are impossible to predict in recent science.

In addition, I will talk about my experience with the earthquake. about 5 years ago when I was high school student, huge earthquake attacked in the northeast of Japan. My house is in central but my high school was in close to the northeast and I was living in a dormitory. In this earthquake, I learned many things. The most important thing is we have to do evacuation drills seriously. Because when the real earthquake came, everyone run away from the classroom, and every stair was blocked by people.
Some student were jumped from the second floor to the first floor. So if we seriously tackle evacuation drills, panic can be prevented.

Many people say that earthquake will attack in Oregon, and it will occur many problems after the earthquake such as food shortage, electronic shortage and transport problem. However I have an experience about earthquake, so I can behaved right action. Finally the most important thing is to practice and prepare for emergency happen.

1 comment:

  1. It's frightening that we won't know in advance of the big earthquake. You're right that it's a good idea to do the safety practice. Even better to build safe structures!

    ReplyDelete